GippsTAFE is committed to fostering a culture of inclusiveness to enhance the educational opportunities for people with a disability, enabling them to participate as fully as possible in their study at TAFE. The Disability Support Program offers a range of academic adjustments to assist students studying with a disability, learning, medical or mental health condition to bring forth their unique strengths and personal needs.
The Disability Liaison Officer is the initial point of contact for students with a disability, learning, medical or mental health. Support is negotiated on an individual basis, so please contact the Disability Officer prior to the commencement classes.
The range of support services could include:
- Assistance with application and/or enrolment procedures.
- Orientation to campus.
- Assistance with access requirements.
- Provision of adaptive study materials and equipment.
- Negotiating alternative learning and assessment tasks.
- Provision of information and support to other GippsTAFE staff.
- Negotiating alternative arrangements for examinations.
- Information about and referral to community support services.
- Information and advocacy about disabilitydiscrimination and equal opportunity
Disability Liaison Officer
PO Box 3279 GMC Morwell 3841
Telephone (03) 5127 0250
Mobile: 0409 415 567
Facsimile: 1300 094 661
Download the GippsTAFE Disability Action Plan
(Pdf - 481.4KB)
Students can discuss these options directly with teaching staff or the Disability Liaison Officer.