Pathway Options

Yallourn Campus

Credit Transfer

Did you know that a subject completed at another institution or in another course can sometimes be credited towards your final result in a GippsTAFE course?

Contact the Department offering your course to discuss how this may apply to you.

The TAFE subjects you successfully complete may also count towards subjects in a higher education degree at University.

Credit transfer or Articulation is the process of receiving credits for some or all of the subjects you have already completed. Articulating students may choose to move from TAFE to University or from University to TAFE.

Customised pathways/Dual Awards

Customised pathways are negotiated for a specific group of students or an individual student. Customised pathways may incorporate components from different courses and are usually developed to meet the specific learning or vocational needs of groups or individuals.

Dual Awards between TAFE and University integrate a complementary TAFE Diploma and a Higher Education Undergraduate Degree. The two courses are studies sequentially which allows the student to exit with two credentials after four years of study, depending on the length of the higher education course.