Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation (VET in Schools)
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Sport Recreation and Fitness
- Course Location
- Warragul; Morwell; Leongatha
- Course Duration
Part Time: VET in School qualifications are undertaken over a two (2) year period with students attending one (1) day per week To successfully obtain Nationally Accredited Qualifications students will usually be required to attend over a two year period during their VCE or VCAL studies
- Course Cost
- Students should consult with their Careers Advisor or VETiS Coordinator to obtain further information on program costs.
- course_info.pdf (pdf)
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day)
- Starting Date
- February 2013
Students will complete the Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation in their first year and partial completion of Certificate III in Sport and Recreation in their second year.
Enquiries should be directed to the prospective student's school Career Advisor or VETiS Coordinator
This fully scored VCE VET Program will students a start in the fields of Sport and Recreation, Sports Management and Fitness/Personal Training. <br>
This hands-on active course will prepare students for a future in the Sports and Recreation industry or for further study.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation (VET in Schools).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Athlete management
- Sports coach
- Facility manager
- Personal trainer
- Athlete development
- Event co-ordinator
- Resort activity co-ordinator
- Fitness instructor
- Cruise ship activities co-ordinator
- Remedial Massuer
- Swim coach
To undertake a VETiS Program with GippsTAFE participants must be enrolled with a secondary education provider or school
This is a VCE VET accredited course.
This course offers VCE Scored Assessment or Block Credits for VCE students and Credits for VCAL Students
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate III in Fitness/Personal Training
- Certificate IV in Sport and Recreation
- Certificate IV in Fitness/Personal Training
- Diploma of Sport and Recreation
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Diploma of Event Management
- Bachelor of Sport Management
- Bachelor of Sport Development
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation