Certificate II in Horticulture (Landscaping) (VET in Schools)
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Horticulture and Floristry
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: To successfully obtain a Nationally Accredited Qualification, students will usually be required to attend over a two year period during their VCE or VCAL studies. VET in Schools qualifications are undertaken over a two (2) period with students attending one (1) day per week.
- Course Cost
- Students should consult with their Career?s Advisor or VETiS Co-ordinator to obtain further information on program costs..
- course_info.pdf (pdf)
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day)
- Starting Date
- February 2013
Enquiries should be directed to the prospective student’s school Career Advisor or VETiS Co-ordinator.
This VCE VET program will allow students to gain the skills and knowledge to allow their ideas to come to life <br>
You'll gain the practical skills to get you started in Landscaping including plant recognition, landscape construction work, paving and irrigation. <br>
This is a great first step into a career of Landscaping.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate II in Horticulture (Landscaping) (VET in Schools).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Fisheries Officer
- Horticultural Assistant
- Horticultural Scientist
- Horticultural Tradesperson
- Landscape Gardener
- Nursery Worker
- Park Ranger
- Turf Grower
To undertake a VETiS Program with GippsTAFE participants must be enrolled with a secondary education provider or school in 2012.
This is a VCE VET Accredited Course <br>
This course does not contain a VCE Scored Assessment <br>
VCE students will be eligible for a 10% increment in their ATAR scores<br>
Course participants will be eligible to apply for TWO Block Credits for Units 1 & 2 in their first year <br>
Course participants will be eligible to apply for TWO Block Credits for Units 3 & 4 in their second year <br>
This course is eligible for VCAL credits
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate II in Horticulture (Floriculture)
- Certificate II in Horticulture (Parks and Gardens)
- Certificate II in Horticulture (Turf)
- Certificate III in Horticulture Turf (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Horticulture Parks and Gardens (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Horticulture Nursery (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Horticulture Landscaping (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Production Horticulture
- Certificate IV in Horticulture
- Diploma of Horticulture
- Diploma of Ornamental Horticulture