Safe Approach Distances (Initial or Refresher)
- Course Code
- 0417VESIIT or 0417VESIRT
- Course Type
- Short Course
- Unit Code
- 0417MVISAD - Safe Approach Distances Initial, 0417MVSAD ? Safe Approach Distances Refresher
- GippsTAFE Energy Training Centre
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: 0.5 days
- Course Cost
- Contact the Chadstone Campus for further information.
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day) on demand
Phone: (03) 9251 3000
Fax: 1300 094 661
If you work alongside live low or high voltage conductors or apparatus, this course will help you develop a good understanding of Green Book requirements in a wide range of circumstances and applications. This course is also suitable for people who manage, supervise or assist others who work in this setting.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about:
- Interpretation of the safe approach distances requirements of the Code of Practice on Electrical Safety Instructions for the Distribution Businesses in the Victorian Electrical Supply Industry (Green Book).
- Working knowledge of the safe approach distances to conductors and apparatus alive at various voltages
- Approaches and working in the vicinity of live conductors or apparatus while maintaining normal and special limits of approach
- Operation of vehicles, including mobile plant and EWPs in the vicinity of live conductors or apparatus while maintaining safe approach distances.