Diploma of Hospitality
- Course Code
- SIT50312 (Expressions of interest)
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Deepening
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Course Location
- Morwell; Leongatha
- Course Duration
Full Time: 2 yearsPart Time: On application
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Full time; Part Time (Day); Flexible
- Starting Date
- February 2014
- February 2014
9.00am - 4.00pm
*Flexible options and times on application
*This course may require some night classes.
Want a qualification that could help you secure work as a manager in the exciting hospitality and tourism industries? This nationally accredited course will develop your knowledge and skills in a range of food and beverage roles in the hospitality industry.
Learning takes place both in the classroom and in our training restaurants so you get to perfect your skills in an authentic workplace environment. You'll enhance your employability and be ready to meet work challenges with confidence.
You'll gain practical skills in hospitality operations, supervision, finances and leadership.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use sound knowledge of industry operations and a broad range of managerial skills to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions. It provides a pathway to work in any sector of the hospitality industry as a departmental or small business manager.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Diploma of Hospitality.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Unit manager (Catering operations)
- Hotel or motel manager>
- Event organiser
- Banquet or function manager
- Chef de cuisine
- Chef patissier
- Executive housekeeper
- Front office manager
- Gaming manager
- Kitchen manager
- Motel manager
- Restaurant manager
- Sous chef
- Successful completion of Year 12 or mature age or industry experience.
- All applicants will be required to undertake an interview prior to course acceptance.
- Must have motivation to undertake and complete the course. Should have a desire to reach the management level within the hospitality industry. It is recommended that individuals undertake lower level qualifications, and/or gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification but it is not essential.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute and VTAC
Assessment is competency based. A range of assessment methods will be used, including written assignments, practical tasks, group discussion, and written/practical assessments.
Workplace assessment is available for Traineeship pathway.
Opportunities For Further Study
Further training pathways from this qualification include any of the specialist qualifications in the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality training package at Advanced Diploma levels. An example of this is:
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Advanced Diploma of Events
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
||Manage diversity in the workplace
||Manage operational plan
||Enhance the customer service experience
||Manage quality customer service
||Manage finances within a budget
||Prepare and monitor budgets
||Use hygienic practices for food safety
||Research and comply with regulatory requirements
||Lead and manage people
||Monitor work operations
||Establish and conduct business relationships
||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
||*A selection of 14 elective units are to be undertaken. Please contact us for further information