GippsTAFE's Hospitality and Tourism departments can really help you go places.
Do you have a passion for cooking? Would you like to work as a food and beverage waiter, bar attendant or barista? Perhaps you are seeking a management career in hospitality? No matter your taste, our hospitality department has you covered!
With hands-on, practical classes in our three training restaurants, you can perfect your hospitality skills in an authentic workplace environment. Here, you will serve real customers, enhancing your on-the-job experience and employability.
The Tourism programs on offer at GippsTAFE focus on building your practical skills for the workplace. You can learn how to provide a wide range of essential tourism services.
A highlight of our program is work placement, which sees students travel throughout Australia to obtain valuable on-the-job skills and make connections with potential employers.
Develop a hospitality career as a:
- Kitchen hand
- Kitchen attendant
- Food and beverage attendant
- Bar staff
- Front of house staff
- Assistant cook
- Catering manager
- Caterer for the aged care industry.
Develop a tourism career as a:
- Tourism information officer
- Tour guide
- Tour manager
- Attraction manager
- Retail travel agent
- Supervisor or manager of tourist information and customer service teams.
- Holiday Parks and Resorts
- Certificate II in Holiday Parks and Resorts
- Certificate III in Holiday Parks and Resorts
- Certificate IV in Holiday Parks and Resorts
- Hospitality and Commercial Cookery
- Basic Espresso Coffee Making
- Basic Waiter Course
- Follow Workplace Hygiene
- Food Supervisor Training
- Provide Responsible Gambling Services
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Basic Bar Course
- Certificate II in Hospitality (Food and Beverage)
- Certificate II in Hospitality (VET in Schools)
- Certificate II in Hospitality (Kitchen Operations)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Catering Operations)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality