Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (Level 1)
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course; Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Unit Code
- HLTFA211A Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- Chadstone Campus
- Course Location
- Morwell; Chadstone
- Course Duration
Part Time: 2 Sessions 6:00pm - 9:30pm 1 Session 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Course Cost
- Study Modes
- On Campus; On Site; Part Time (Day)
Contact the Short Course Hotline to enrol or express your interest in this course.
Phone: 1300 657 261
Fax: 1300 094 661
Phone: (03) 9251 3000
Fax: 1300 094 661 (att: Chadstone)
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Course OverviewYou never know when you may be required to render basic first aid. The course incorporates all relevant elements of the national competencies and is contextualised to meet the needs of people who work where there is a risk of inadvertent contact with live electrical conductors, and meet the requirements in the "Code of Practice on Electrical Safety for Work on or near High Voltage Electrical Apparatus (The Blue Book) 2005.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn how to:
- Assess accident or illness situations and take appropriate action
- Administer cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of automated external defibrilator
- Administer external haemorrhage control
- Manage a collapsed casualty
- Manage respiratory distress including asthma
- Report the accident or illness and call for assistance
- Identify personal risk factors
- Manage traumatic shock
- Manage an electric shock victim
- Identify and manage electrical contact burns
- Manage insect and snake bite and stings
- Identify severe allergic reactions
- Use of an Epipen to manage severe allergic reactions
- Incident reporting
- Manage exposure to SF6 and PCB as required.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon completion of this course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Semester Two short courses will be released in June.