Certificate IV in Health Science Foundations
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: 8 months
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- 2014 Application Form (pdf)
- Study Modes
- Starting Date
- April 2014
Phone: (03) 5622 8532
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Gain a solid foundation for your nursing career by enrolling in this course at GippsTAFE.
You'll learn about human biology, chemistry and physics as they apply to nursing, as well as the research, note taking and communication skills required to successfully undertake advanced study.
Successful completion of this course prepares you for application for entry to undergraduate nursing at Monash University Gippsland.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn how to:
- Develop and demonstrate advanced communication skills
- Develop and apply knowledge of human biology
- Perform calculations in health mathematics
- Apply concepts from chemistry and physics to health
- Apply basic microbiological and infection control concepts
- Identify and document sociological processes that influence health.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Step 1 Written application
- Step 2 VETASSESS Nursing Entrance Numeracy and literacy test
VETASSESS numeracy and literacy tests are booked through the VETASSESS website www.vetassess.com.au
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Assessment is competency based and includes tests, written papers, case studies, classroom activities, group activities and verbal presentations.
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
||Develop and demonstrate advanced communication skills
||Develop and apply knowledge of human biology
||Perform calculations in health mathematics
||Apply concepts from chemist and physics to health
||Apply basic microbiological and infection control concepts
||Identify and document sociological processes that influence health