Certificate IV in Disability
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Course Location
- Warragul; Leongatha; GippsTAFE Academy (Traralgon)
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 year
Warragul: one day per week
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Full time; Part Time (Day); Flexible
- Starting Date
Phone: (03) 5622 8500
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Disability workers make a real difference in people's lives, whether they are working in a residential care facility, group home or a private residence. Workers support people with disabilities, helping them to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance and community participation.
This course is for those who are new to the field or are already working in the industry and who want to gain or enhance their qualifications and future employment prospects.
By maintaining a focus on developing practical skills, the Health and Community Studies department has a long history of assisting graduates to achieve a successful employment outcome in this rewarding career choice.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate IV in Disability.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Behavioral Support Worker
- Developmental Officer
- Disability Officer - Day Support
- Disability Support Officer/Worker
- Employment Coordinator (Disability)
- Residential Care Officer
- Social Educator
Access to a computer and broadband internet service.
Basic computer skills.
- Students are required to undertake a literacy assessment
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Check and Working With Children Check
- Applicants must be computer literate and have access to a computer with an internet connection
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
AssessmentPractical experiences, practical demonstrations, problem solving, documents/folio, reflective journals, oral presentations, interviews, case studies, projects, group projects, group discussions, online research tasks, online quizzes, practical placement and work based assessments for eligible students in the workforce.
Opportunities For Further Study
Specialist Course Information
- This course includes a 120 hour practical placement (Warragul Campus)
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|Core Units (10)
|CHCCS400C||Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework.|
|CHCCS411C||Work effectively in the community sector.|
|CHCDIS301C||Work effectively with people with a disability.|
|CHCDIS302A||Maintain an environment to empower people with disabilities.|
|CHCDIS405A||Facilitate skills development and maintenance.|
|CHCDIS410A||Facilitate community participation and inclusion.|
|CHCDIS411A||Communicate using argumentative and alternative communication strategies.|
|CHCICS402B||Facilitate individualised plans.|
|HLTWHS300A||Contribute to WHS processes|
|And one of each of the following pairs of units:|
|CHCICS305A||Provide behaviour support in the context of indidualised plans (Leongatha).|
|CHCCS404B||Plan and provide advanced behaviour support (Warragul).|
Plus 5 elective units that may be taken from the following categories: