Power Industry Induction Card
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course
- Unit Code
- Construction and Safety Centre
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: 1 session/8 hours or
1 two (2) hour session for holders of current Red Card/CI Card
If enrolling in a two hour course participants MUST produce their current Red Card/CI Card on the day of training to be eligible to attend the shorter session.
- Course Cost
- $230 for 8 hrs, $75 for 2 hrs.
- Study Modes
- On Campus; On Site; Part Time (Day)
Contact the Short Course Hotline to enrol or express your interest in this course.
Phone: 1300 657 261
Fax: 1300 094 661
The Power Industry Induction Card Course (PIIC) was developed by GippsTAFE in consultation with Latrobe Valley Generators, and is a requirement for employment for, or on-site, for the following local providers:.
- Loy Yang Power
- Tru Energy Power
- International Power/Mitsui Loy Yang B
- Energy Brix Australia
- International Power Hazelwood
- Ecogen Jeeralang
The aim is to provide an OHS course that covers Power Station specific procedures and processes and safety issues as well as generic OHS requirements.
The objectives of the Power Industry Induction Card are:
- To create common health and safety standards and knowledge across the power generation industry, particularly the mobile workforce of today
- To ensure individuals that work in the power generation industry remain updated on occupational health and safety requirements
- To ensure new employees into the power generation industry are aware of industry specific hazards, risks and methods of risk management
8 Hour Course
The PIIC is delivered over an eight (8) hour period and is structured to cover generic OHS information and Power Station specific information. Successful completion of the course will enable the participant to also apply for a Worksafe issued Construction Induction Card through GippsTAFE.
2 Hour Course
If you already hold a Construction Induction Card or Red Card then you can be exempted from attending the eight hour course and will only need to attend a two hour Power Station specific course but you must produce proof of holding a Construction Induction Card or Red Card upon presenting for the course.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon completion of this course students will receive a Statement of Participation.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Pre-RequisitesIf enrolling in a two hour session participants must present their current Construction Induction Card.
Power Industry Induction Card (including Construction Induction Card)
Please note that the times stated for these courses in the GippsTAFE Short Course Guide are incorrect. The times listed above are correct.