Elevated Work Platform Operation
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course
- Course Location
- Yallourn; Chadstone
- Course Duration
Part Time: 3 days
- Course Cost
- Contact the campus for further information.
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day); Part Time (Night)
Contact the Short Course Hotline to enrol or express your interest in this course.Phone: 1300 657 261
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
This course will give you the Certificate of Competency required by the Victorian Workcover Authority to operate an Elevated Work Platform(EWP) higher than eleven metres.
As elevated work platform units are high cost items, operators need the knowledge and skills to correctly operate, care for and maintain the equipment. This course will teach you all you need to know about operating this equipment.What you will learn
In this course you will learn about:
- OH&S Act
- EWP use and responsibilities
- Electrical protection
- Accident/incident reporting
- EWP protection systems
- Operator protective equipment
- Operator daily inspection and maintenance
- Operating boom type EWPs
- General and emergency procedures
- Maximise equipment life
- Maximise equipment availability
- Minimise repair costs.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
To undertake this course you must:
- Be reasonably fit
- Have the ability to work at heights.