Construction and Safety Centre
Safety is an enormous consideration in the construction industry, and GippsTAFE's construction and safety courses are designed to help you pursue a career in this industry while maintaining a safe working environment.
GippsTAFE offers a wide range of courses in this field, delivered on campus or on site, using industry standard resources. Students are trained to use equipment and machinery safely and effectively to achieve results in the workplace.
Our range of vocational training meets the National Occupational Health and Safety regulations and License to Perform High Risk Work. This way you can rest assured that your training complies with all the necessary regulations.
Located at the Yallourn campus, the Construction and Safety Department operates from a uniquely designed, purpose-built training facility, which has all the equipment you will need to learn some new skills.
Develop a career as a:
- Forklift operator
- Crane operator
- Safety officer
- Safety practitioner.
- Construction and Safety
- Apply First Aid (Level 2)
- Confined Spaces Initial and Refresher
- Construction Induction Card
- Elevated Work Platform
- Elevated Work Platform Escape
- Elevated Work Platform Operation
- First Aid For the Electrical and Utility Industries Initial and Refresher
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Hearing Conservation
- Manual Handling Initial or Refresher
- Mobile Crane (20t slewing)
- No Go Zone Spotter - Initial and Refresher
- Plant and Equipment Training
- Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (Level 1)
- Power Industry Induction Card
- Rigging - Basic
- Scaffolding - Advanced
- Scaffolding - Intermediate
- Scaffolding - Basic
- Stop-Slow Bat Traffic Control