Bachelor of Applied Management
- Course Type
- Course Level
- Course Location
- GippsTAFE Academy (Traralgon)
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 yearPart Time: 2 years
- Course Cost
uerPlease visit guerin.ballarat.edu.au/fees to obtain further information regarding Indicative Program Fees.
For further information regarding Commonwealth Supported Places and HECS-HELP please visit www.goingtouni.gov.au.
- Units (pdf)
- Study Modes
- Full time; Part Time (Day)
- Starting Date
- February 2013
- February 2013
Higher Education Programs
Phone: (03) 5175 9600
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Course OverviewPlease note: The Bachelor of Applied Management is a University of Ballarat qualification delivered by GippsTAFE.
This program is designed for students wishing to apply theoretical concepts to their everyday working environment. The Bachelor of Applied Management places a strong emphasis on applied learning through a range of integrated management and industry projects. Completing an applied management workplace project at the end of the program will consolidate your management skills, knowledge and attributes.
The Bachelor of Applied Management is an innovative degree integrating applied and academic learning. It has been developed to reflect the changing roles and responsibilities of management, incorporating applied skills and higher-level management concepts.
A blended approach to learning is utilised during this program combining online delivery with on-campus workshops at the Traralgon Academy.
As a graduate of this program, you will leave with:
- The critical skills to extend your expertise and professional experience through the application of new techniques and knowledge into ‘real world’, contemporary management practice
- The opportunity to become an innovative, strategic thinker and outstanding leader
- The ability to be a skilled communicator who can embrace change, build teams and manage resources
- A sound understanding of management principles and concepts
- The capability to develop, evaluate and critique management approaches and theories, and effectively apply them to any work role
- Skills to embrace technology and become an independent, lifelong learner
|Bachelor of Applied Management||Department Manager, Senior Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Owner, Management Consultant, Regional Manager, Quality Manager|
|Advanced Diploma of Management||Team Leader, Manager, Senior Human Resources Advisor, Senior Project Manager Consultant, Manager
|Frontline Manager/Coordinator, Supervisor, Human Resources Coordinator, Quality Officer|
Certificate IV in Frontline Management
|Business Administration, Human Resources Officer, Crew Leader, Retail/Store Supervisor, Business Support, Customer Service Consultant
Applicants are required to complete and submit the following documents in hard copy to Higher Education Programs GippsTAFE P.O. Box 3279 Gippsland Mail Centre Morwell, 3841:
- Higher Education Direct Application Form
- A copy of your resume
- Certified copy - certificate and transcripts academic record
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Bachelor of Applied Management.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Department/Senior Manager
- Area Sales Manager
- Business Owner
- Management Consultant
Entry RequirementsAdmission to the program will be on the following basis:
A Diploma qualification in any field; an Advanced Diploma or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline; and significant industry experience in the relevant professional area. Mature age or interstate applicants are invited to apply.
To enter a University of Ballarat Undergraduate Program you must satisfy the academic performance, age requirement and English language proficiency of the University.
AssessmentA range of assessment tasks will be undertaken during this program including written reports, essays, assignments, case studies, tests, group projects and oral presentations.
Opportunities For Further StudyStudents are eligible upon completion of this program to undertake a Graduate Diploma and or Masters in Management or Business Administration.
||Accounting for Managers
||Marketing for Managers
||Strategic Human Resource Management
||International Business Management
||Applied Workplace Practice
- Course Unit Content Information
- Bachelor of Applied Management Course Sequence and Unit availability
Online Learning consists of
- Learning materials – 11 sections of work organised to engage you in the content. This material is designed with revision/reflection questions.
- Course Reader – Readings that complement the Learning materials.
- Discussion Boards – where a variety of quotes, questions and ideas are presented for you to respond to, applying your theoretical knowledge to your work environment. Many students embrace the opportunity to post ideas and questions much more than in a face to face context
- Chat Rooms – an opportunity for you to engage with academics and/or other students in a virtual community discussion.
- Announcements – the opportunity for teaching staff and lecturers to alert you to due dates, a resource, etc.