Certificate II in Building and Construction - Bricklaying (VET in Schools)
- Course Code
- 22216VICB (Expression of interest)
- Course Type
- Pre-Apprenticeship; Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: To successfully obtain Nationally Accredited Qualifications students will usually be required to attend over a two year period during their VCE or VCAL studies. Please be aware that completion of this VETiS course doesn't give full completion of a pre-apprenticeship.
Year 1: 198 hours (1 day per week)
Year 2: 196 hours (1 day per week)
- Course Cost
- Students should consult with their Careers Advisor or VETiS Co-ordinator to obtain further information on program costs.
- course_info.pdf (pdf)
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Day)
- Starting Date
- February 2014
All enquiries should be forwarded to the students school career advisor or VETiS Co-ordinator
GippsTAFE has submitted applications to ASQA with the intention of delivering these courses/qualifications in 2014
This course aims to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and ability required to gain an apprenticeship in the bricklaying sector.
This course provides apprentice level training in brick and blocklaying including developing skills in the use of bricklaying hand tools, automatic and laser levels and masonry brick saws.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course participants will be eligible to be assessed for a National Certificate of Competency.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Building Contractor
- Construction Worker
- Road Worker
To undertake a VETiS Program with GippsTAFE participants must be enrolled with a secondary education provider or school
This is a VCE VET accredited course.
This course does not contain a VCE Scored Assessment.
VCE Students will be eligible for a 10% increment in their ATAR Score.
Course participants will be eligible to apply for TWO Block Credits for Units 1 & 2 in their first year.
Course participants will be eligible to apply for TWO Block Credits for Units 3 & 4 in their second year.
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate II in Concreting
- Certificate III in (Bricklaying/Blocklaying) (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Concreting (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Paving (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Carpentry (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Specialist Trades)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)
- Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)