Building and Construction Programs
GippsTAFE's Building Studies Department has been independently recognised as one of Australia's premier training providers. The Institute for Trade Skills Excellence has recently awarded us two gold stars under the new Star Rating Scheme.
With a wealth of resources and experienced industry experts as teaching staff, GippsTAFE is well equipped to build your skills for the workplace.
Our training covers a wide range of building speciality areas, such as brick and blocklaying, construction management, carpentry, furniture making and cabinet making.
All kinds of students enrol in our courses. We offer training for apprentices, school leavers, people who are unemployed, as well as people who already work in the industry and want to learn a new skill.
We also offer specialised industry training and run short courses on a range of building topics.
Our Certificate II and Pre-apprenticeship courses on offer enhance student's employment opportunities. We also offer apprenticeship courses for Painting and Decorating Certificate III which can be undertaken with a suitable employer.
Develop a career as a:
- Cabinet maker
- Wood machinist.
- Bricklaying and Blocklaying
- Certificate II in Building and Construction - Bricklaying (VET in Schools)
- Certificate II in Building and Construction (Bricklaying) (Pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (Apprenticeship)
- Carpentry, Cabinet Making and Joinery
- Certificate II in Furniture Making (VET in Schools)
- Certificate II in Building and Construction - Carpentry (VET in Schools)
- Certificate II in Furniture Making
- Certificate II in Building and Construction (Carpentry) (Pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Carpentry (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Joinery (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making (Apprenticeship)