Certificate III in Automotive Vehicle Body (Apprenticeship)
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Apprenticeship / Traineeship
- Course Level
- Apprenticeship / Traineeship
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: 3 years
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- Study Modes
- Full time
Phone: (03) 5127 0217
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
The Yallourn workshop at GippsTAFE has been awarded two gold stars by the Institute for Trade Skills Excellence which means the quality of the training is among the highest in Australia.
This course is designed for students undertaking an apprenticeship in panel beating and has the flexibility for students to enrol in the whole course or in individual units. It will provide students with the qualification required to work in the Automotive industry as a panel beater.
This course will equip students with the knowledge and skills required by panel beaters including aspects such as vehicle re-alignment, welding, repair of body panels, sectional repairs and brazing procedures.
GippsTAFE is recognised by the Institute for Trade Skills Excellence as one of Australia’s leading automotive training providers. Undertaking your training with GippsTAFE will give you a nationally recognised qualification from a respected training organisation.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn how to:
- Apply safe work practices
- Implement and monitor environment regulations in the automotive mechanical industry
- Remove and refit and test electrical componentry for normal operation following body repair activities
- Carry out pre-repair operation (vehicle body)
- Remove, replace and realign bolt-on panels sections and fittings
- Remove and replace mechanical units/assemblies
- Repair body panels (metal finishing)
- Repair body panels (incorporating filler)
- Repair body panels/components (thermoplastic)
- Repair/replace structural damage (welding)
- Replace major welded panels
- Repair vehicle body misalignment
- Carry out major sectional repair
- Remove and replace adhesive bonded panels and structures
- Repair corroded panels and components
- Repair aluminium body panels (finishing)
- Repair aluminium body panels (filling)
- Carry out brazing procedures
- Carry out spot welding procedures
- Read and interpret vehicle body repair estimation/quotation
- Weld using gas metal arc welding process
- Prepare vehicle/component/equipment for customer use.
In addition, you must choose subjects of your choice (electives). These may be selected from the Training Package as well as from the following:
- Remove and replace/fit protector mouldings transfers and decals
- Test service and charge batteries
- Remove and replace supplementary restraint systems (SRS)
- Perform routine oxyacetylene welding procedures
- Carry out gas tungsten arc (TIG) welding process.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Panel Beater
- Insurance Assessor
- Vehicle Painter
- Vehicle Body Builder
- 16 years of age or older
- Currently undertaking an apprenticeship or traineeship or working in the field.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Assessment includes assignments and self paced workshop activities.
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|AURC270103A||Apply safe working practices|
|AURV371481A||Implement and monitor environmental regulations and best practice in the body repair industry|
|AURE218764A||Remove and refit and test electrical componentry for normal operation following body repair activities|
|AURV226108A||Carry out pre-repair operation (vehicle body)|
|AURV226864A||Remove, replace and realign bolt-on panels, sections and fittings|
|AURV227064A||Remove and replace mechanical units/assemblies|
|AURV326266BA||Repair body panels (metal finishing)|
|AURV326266CA||Repair body panels (incorporating filler)|
|AURV326266DA||Repair body panels/components (thermoplastic)|
|AURV326366AA||Repair/replace structural damage (welding)|
|AURV326367A||Replace major welded panels|
|AURV326508A||Repair vehicle body misalignment|
|AURV326708A||Carry out major sectional repair|
|AURV326964A||Remove and replace adhesive bonded panels and structures|
|AURV327366A||Repair corroded panels and components|
|AURV327466AA||Repair aluminium body panels (finishing)|
|Vehicle Body Inventory|
|AURV327466BA||Repair aluminium body panels (filling)|
|AURV281208A||Carry out brazing procedures|
|AURV281508A||Carry out spot welding procedures|
|AURV365356||Read and interpret vehicle body repair estimination/quotation|
|AURV281308A||Carry out gas metal arc (MIG) welding procedures|
|AURV231649A||Prepare vehicle/component/equipment for customer use|
|Competencies for consideration as electives could include:
RS&R or Endorsed Training Package
|AURV226965A||Remove and replace/fit protector mouldings transfers and decals|
|AURE218676A||Test service and charge batteries|
|AURV327164A||Remove and replace supplementary restraint systems (SRS)|
|MEM5.4AB A||Perform routine oxy acetylene welding procedures|
|AURV281408A||Carry out gas tungsten arc (TIG) welding process|