Certificate II in Automotive (Specialist Air Conditioning)
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Creation
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: 8 weeks
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Part Time (Night)
- 6.00pm - 10.00pm
Phone: (03) 5127 0253
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
This is a nationally recognised course that leads to the application for a refrigerant handling licence in the automotive industry. This course will enable you to service, repair, overhaul and diagnose air conditioning system in an approved industry workshop.
This course is designed for Qualified Technicians and current apprentices or trainees working in the industry to enable progression from an "Australian Refrigeration Council" Trainee Licence to a full licence. GippsTAFE is recognised by the Institute for Trade Skills Excellence as one of Australia’s leading automotive training providers.
Undertaking your apprenticeship with GippsTAFE will give you a nationally recognised qualification from a respected training organisation.
There is flexibility to enrol in the whole course or individual units.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn how to:
- Apply safe work practices
- Carry out repairs to single electrical circuits
- Install ancillary electrical components
- Repair cooling systems
- Inspect and service cooling systems
- Install air conditioning systems
- Service air conditioning systems
- Use and maintain measuring equipment
- Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment
- Implement and monitor environment regulations in the automotive mechanical industry
- Repair/retrofit air conditioning systems
- Carry out diagnostic procedures
- Overhaul air conditioning system components
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Automotive Air Conditioning Technician
- Currently undertaking fourth year of an apprenticeship or traineeship or working in the field as a qualified Motor Mechanic, Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or Auto Electrician.
- ARC Trainee Licence
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Assessment includes practical demonstrations, problem solving, documents/folio, oral assessment and examinations.
|AURC270103A||Apply Safe Work Practices||20|
|AURE218708A||Carry Out Repairs to Single Electrical Circuits||40|
|AURE219531A||Install Ancillary Electrical Components||40|
|AURT202166A||Repair Cooling Systems||20|
|AURT202170A||Inspect and Service Cooling Systems||10|
|AURT222631A||Install Air Conditioning Systems||30|
|AURT222670A||Service Air Conditioning Systems||20|
|AURT225667A||Use and Maintain Measuring Equipment||15|
|AURT270278A||Use and Maintain Workplace Tools and Equipment||20|
|AURT271781A||Implement and Monitor Environment Regulations in the Automotive Mechanical Industry||20|
|AURT322666A||Repair/Retrofit Air Conditioning Systems||30|
|AURT366108A||Carry Out Diagnostic Procedures||20|
|AURT322645||Overhaul Air Conditioning System Components||30|