GippsTAFE's Automotive Department are experts at preparing students for careers in the automotive industry. Our courses train students for careers in panel beating, motor mechanics, mechanical air conditioning, automotive technology and LPG gas conversion.
We are one of Australia?s leading automotive training providers. The quality of training at the Yallourn Campus workshop is so high that we were awarded, two gold stars under the Institute for Trade Skills Excellence Star.
We train all kinds of students for the automotive industry. We provide training for people undertaking apprenticeships, as well as post trade courses for tradespeople who wish to extend their qualifications. We also offer programs for school leavers and those who are unemployed.
If you are looking for specialised industry training, we also have programs that can be tailored to suit your needs.
Develop an automotive career in:
- Light vehicle
- Mobile plant
- Outdoor Power
- Auto Electrical
- Diesel Specialist
- Spare Parts
- Panel Beating
- LPG Installation and Repair
- Certificate II in Automotive Studies (VET in Schools)
- Certificate II in Automotive Studies (Pre-vocational)
- Certificate II in Automotive (Specialist Air Conditioning)
- Certificate III in Automotive Sales (Parts Interpreting) (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Automotive Vehicle Body (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical Technology (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Automotive Specialist (Apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Outdoor Power Equipment (Apprenticeship)