No Go Zone Spotter - Initial and Refresher
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Short Course
- Unit Code
- 0417MSPOT - No Go Zone Spotter, 0417MNGZR - No Go Zone Spotter Refresher
- Chadstone Campus
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Part Time: Initial: 1 day, Refresher: 4 hours
- Course Cost
- Initial: $215.00, Refresher: $175.00.
- Study Modes
- Part Time (Day)
8.00am - 4.00pm (Initial)
8.00am - 12.00pm (refresher)
Phone: (03) 9251 3000
Fax: 1300 094 661 (att: Chadstone)
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Course OverviewThis course provides initial training in accordance with the requirements of Energy Safe Victoria for people required to be authorised as a ‘No Go Zone’ Spotter. This course will help you develop competency in the task of observing and warning personnel operating mobile plant and equipment against unsafe approach to overhead power lines and other electrical apparatus. This course must be refreshed every 3 years in order for the ticket to remain valid.
What you will learn:
- Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standards
- OH&S requirements and personnel responsibilities
- Role, function, duties and responsibilities of the Spotter
- “No Go Zone” approach limit distances
- Electrical hazards workplace incidents and procedures to be followed in the event of contacting electrical conductors
- Pre start job safety considerations and Safe Work Method Statement
- Operating characteristics of plant and equipment.
- Factors affecting the operation of plant and equipment.
- Practical site training exercises. This course must be refreshed every 3 years in order for the ticket to remain valid.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
Employment ProspectsNo Go Zone Spotter
Entry RequirementsEnergy Safe Victoria has set the minimum age for a person to be registered as a Spotter with ESV to be 18 years of age to align with WorkSafe requirements.
Participant MUST have current First Aid and CPR certificate. Must have plant operator licence.
For Refresher course participant Must have completed No Go Zone Spotter Initial course.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
AssessmentAssessment consists of:
- Practical assessment (observation/demonstration) in a simulated environment
- Written assessments
||8.00am - 12.00pm
||8.00am - 4.00pm
Refer to Chadstone Short course guide semester 1