Certificate III in Beauty Services
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Building
- Hairdressing & Beauty
- Course Location
- Course Duration
Full Time: 1 year (non-traineeship)Part Time: 1 Year
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Full time; Part Time (Day); Traineeship
- Starting Date
- February 2014
- February 2013
- 9.00am - 4.00pm
Looking to take the next step in your beauty career? Courses in our Beauty Department are delivered by highly qualified teachers with up-to-the minute industry experience. The Yallourn campus features state-of-the-art equipment and specially designed facilities.
This qualification will provide you with the skills you need to find employment as a beautician, developing your expertise in manicures, pedicare, gel and acrylic nails, lash and brow treatments, waxing, make-up and demonstrating and selling retail skin care and other cosmetic products.
It is designed to reflect the role of those who perform some complex or non-routine activities involving individual responsibility or autonomy or collaboration with others as part of a team.
Qualifications And RecognitionUpon successful completion of this course students will be eligible to receive the Certificate III in Beauty Services.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Makeup Artist
- Nail Technician
- Salon Assistant
- You must be working as a trainee in a salon (Traineeship)
- Attendance at an interview and the below additional requirements (Non-Traineeship)
- Successful completion of Year 11 (or equivalent) or mature age.
- Mature age applicants are welcome
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Assessment is competency based. A range of assessment methods will be used, including written assignments, practical tasks, practical placement (Non-Traineeship), assignments and written/practical assessments.
Course requires a compulsory work placement component.
Opportunities For Further Study
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Salon Management
- Vocational Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and laser Hair Reduction
Specialist Course InformationCourse requires 160 hours of work placement.
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
||Apply the principles of skin biology to beauty treatments
||Research and apply beauty industry information
||Conduct financial transactions
||Provide service to clients
||Organise and maintain work areas
||Communicate in the workplace
||Work effectively in a retail environment
||Apply safe working practices
||Sell products and services
|A selection of 11 elective units are to be undertaken. Please contact us for further information.