Diploma of Accounting
- Course Code
- Course Type
- Accredited Course
- Course Level
- Skills Deepening
- Course Location
- Warragul; Yallourn; Chadstone; GippsTAFE Academy (Traralgon)
- Course Duration
Full Time: 6 months (if Certificate IV already completed)Part Time: 1 year (if Certificate IV already completed)
- Course Cost
- For an individual quotation of fees payable, please visit your nearest campus of GippsTAFE. Click Here for further information regarding Fees and Charges.
- Study Modes
- On Campus; Full time; Part Time (Day); Part Time (Night); Flexible
- Starting Date
- February 2013
- February 2013
● June 2012 - Warragul OnlyFlexible:
Enquiries for all campuses
Phone: (03) 5622 8500
Fax: 1300 094 661
Post: PO Box 3279, GMC 3841
Course OverviewTake your career to the next level by learning advanced accounting concepts. This qualification reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries.
It contributes to, but does not encompass educational requirements for providing Tax agent services.
Persons providing a Tax agent service must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board and meet educational and other requirements for registration, including a designated period of experience. This information should be sourced directly from the Tax Practitioners Board.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)Many GippsTAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Click to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Completion of the 9 core units from FNS40610, Certificate IV in Accounting or
- Completion of the 10 core units from FNS40604, Certificate IV in Accounting.
- RPL in either of these qualifications is recognised as entry requirements to the Diploma of Accounting.
How To ApplyDirect to Institute
Opportunities For Further Study
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- This course could lead to credit into the Bachelor of Business and Commerce at Monash University
Can prospective students enrol in individual units?Yes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
||Provide financial and business performance information
||Prepare legally compliant tax returns for individual
||Manage budgets and forecasts
||Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
||Implement and maintain internal control procedures
||Provide management accounting information
||Develop and use complex spreadsheets
||Implement tax plans and evaluate tax compliance
|FNSACC607A||Evaluate business performance|
|FNSTPB501A||Apply legal principles in corporations and trusts law|